Thursday 24 October 2013

Maxfactor clump defy mascara review


Maxfactor clump defy is part of the false lash effect collection. This mascara in particular promises "volume whilst still maintaining beautifully defined and separated lashes without clumping". Apparently this is all thanks to the brush, it's revolutionary technology (rolls eyes).



It's had a lot of positive reviews but as we all know, mascara is different for each individual as with all products. Despite not liking any of the Maxfactor mascaras I have tried (masterpiece, 2000 calories, false lash effect), I am a sucker for an offer. It was a few weeks back and actually as products go is nearly always on offer, for £7.99 - a grand total of £3 saved. Alas, it isn't quite the mascara for me, so a grand total of £7.99 in the bin then.

Yes, this product doesn't clump (currently, as it's new). Yes, my lashes are separated. Here it is, the however... For me, it doesn't create any volume whatsoever. In spite of it being waterproof and therefore should be more waxy - it doesn't hold a curl; not even for a minute! After application, my lashes started to droop. Also, I think the waterproof claim is a bit of a stretch. It was a bad day to test this mascara.. or a good day in terms of how you look at it. I cried incessantly that evening, I think I was watching soppy clips about babies being adopted on Youtube or pets missing their owners lol. Well anyway, point being I cried and unlike my normal mascaras which hold up a stiff upper lash (hehe), clump defy streamed down my face. I also found that even subtle changes to the weather and my body temperature can make this mascara smudge.

This mascara does not create lashes - so if you have more genetics like myself, with non existent lashes this is not for you. If however, you were blessed with the beauty stick and have Cheryl Cole lashes with falsies on - this is a good product to enhance what you already have. However you must take your chances and judge carefully if it is going to be a tearful day. Smudge. Smudge. 



No comments:

Post a Comment