Thursday 24 October 2013

EOS honeysuckle honeydew lip balm review


I think EOS is relatively hard to find in the UK. I know at one point in time SpaceNK had it in some of their stores otherwise the only similar offering is Balmi at Boots. EOS (evolution of smooth) can be found online (Amazon, Ebay etc). I received mine as gift from my brother when he went to the states, he bought it from Target for around $2.99.

Now I have had my eye on this lip balm since forever! The whole sphere lip balm concept was introduced by EOS not Balmi and although I haven't tried Balmi, I think I already prefer EOS, in terms of their packaging and flavours/products selection.



EOS lip balms are organic which Balmi ones are not (whether that makes a difference - I'm indifferent) and they have a fair variety of unusual flavours such as honeysuckle and blueberry. It's also made in the USA (Something I always look out for - origins of where products are produced often determine the quality of a product).

After trying this product, I can truly understand why this is one of the most popular lip care products in the US. It's so easy to apply because of the giant sphere, instead of applying one lip at a time, you just pucker and apply them to both at once. The balm itself is really solid and waxy, which I really like, as you don't feel like your lips are over coated. It's also incredibly moisturising and I felt an immediate difference after first use. 

Also honeysuckle and honeydew flavour!!! I am a sucker for unusual scents!! Honeydew is quite a common flavour in Asia, it's not true to form honeydew melon flavour, it's the artificial equivalent; for example strawberry and blueberry scents in lip balms/body products don't actually smell like the fruit either in the UK. I can only describe the scent for those who haven't tried a honeydew product as a very soft watermelon scent - It's not overtly strong and sweet.

What do you think? Balmi or EOS??

1 comment:

  1. I'm dying to try this! I haven't even tried the Balmi version yet but think I need both to compare ;) Great review x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete