Saturday 9 February 2013

Glossybox February Valentines 2013 Review

Glossybox has come early this month! Lets have a look at what I received this morning



The Valentines special edition box is lovely... getting excited.


Everything is beautifully packaged as always but this month in a lovely fuchsia colour.
and here is the contents...


My first impression was boo! mainly because the colours are not suited to my preferences and the packaging, as you can tell by the lipstick and the eye shadow palette are very cheap looking/feeling.

So lets do the usual contents and calculation of box price

Micabella blush (£34.95/9g) sample worth £3.11 ish
Modelco eye shadow (£18/3x2.35g) sample worth £12
Helen E lipstick (£8/3.5g) Full size item
Anatomicals rose body cleanser (£5/300ml) sample size worth £2.50
Docteur Renaud raspberry soft (face) cream (£25/50ml) sample size worth £15
and a free heart shape Glossybox lolipop

My box comes to a total of £40.61


Here is a snap of the colours from the make up items. No swatch I'm afraid, as these will be gifted to friends for birthdays or any occasion. The names of these colours are Sienna, a dark brick brown/red for the Helen E lipstick. Terracotta for the mineral blush from Micabella, I honestly don't know who could use this tangerine colour (the picture is flattering due to soft lighting). Lastly, model co eye shadow in bronze goddess.

Overall I'm not too disappointed this month, the make up items would be quite nice, if I like the colours and if I wasn't so snobby about packaging. I am looking forward to using a raspberry scented face cream! and, I am also willing to give the Anatomicals shower gel a whirl seeing that it's made in the UK now (used to be made in china when it first launched, didn't trust it, bla bla bla)

What did you get!? Share a link to your Glossybox post below in comments!



NOTE: on the customer service of Premae skincare, FYI, I wouldn't recommend ordering from them. I know I gave them a rave review about their toner received in the last Glossybox and yes their product is good, service however isn't. Long story short, there were a few items missing from my parcel. Issue was sort of resolved after a series of not so pleasant emails from both parties HOWEVER I still haven't received my goods! will update on whether I do or never get them delivered. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your Feb 2013 GlossyBox is actually quite different from mine! I really liked what I got though :)

    http://newwithhashtags.co.uk/glossybox-february-2013/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kath, I noticed that the boxes were quite varied too this month, it does give me a bit of box envy! I would have loved to received some hair products. Loving your blog, I'll have a more in depth nosey later ;)

    ReplyDelete