Saturday 9 February 2013

Are beauty sample boxes worth my money?

So, after receiving my Glossybox this morning, it's got me thinking... Do I use the products that are sent to me? Have I discovered anything worth while and would re-purchase?

As it's a rainy boring Saturday, I decided to sift through a drawer where I keep obsolete beauty products and discovered the beauty box stash. In total, these products I have found are from around 15 different boxes (Glossybox and SheSaidBeauty). 





I know that there are a lot more products which I don't appear in this picture because they were given away/lost from carelessness. I do recall some products which I gave away such as the Natio soap, Inka eye pencil and lip whip, Jason lip balm, Seche and Orly nail polishes and other little things.


These are the products I am currently using from the samples. The Vichy face wash I am only using because it's there, I am indifferent to this product. The others, I LOVE. The Anatomicals body cleanser has a light scent of rose (obviously) which doesn't cross the line to old lady gardens. It's paraben free but works up a great lather and my skin feels fresh and clean afterwards. 

Again, I have to express true love for the Docteur Renaud cream, it's nice and creamy but it doesn't sit on top of my skin, it instantly sinks into my skin, leaving moisturised, soft and a little radiant. The raspberry smell is subtle and so pleasant, how often have you come across a fruit smelling face cream?!

I found the milk_shake hair conditioning whipped cream absolutely brilliant to detangle my wet hair with a a tangle teezer. My hair when long gets extremely knotty which means without an oil or leave in conditioner, brushing my hair is an absolute nightmare. The milk_shake is a great detangler and  the scent, which I don't know where to pin point, is absolutely lovely and lasts throughout the day.

Overall, I think from the boxes the products I receive and use are the universal ones, face and body products and hair oils. The make up samples are always very hit and miss as everyone prefers a different look. I also think that the brands that use these box services for marketing purposes aren't making the best use out of them, in future  they should only consider sampling universal colours, like classic red nail polishes, nude pink lipsticks etc which everyone can use and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment