Saturday 9 February 2013

Maybelline Superstay 14 hour review



On the left is 'stay with me coral' and the right 'neverending pink'

I was in two minds about buying these lipsticks, one was the ugly packaging; two, was that it was longwear. A long lasting lipstick always brings to mind, that the product would be ultra dry. When I swatched the products in Boots, I was convinced that I wanted them, the colours were pigmented but not bright, matte but not chalky. They were also buy one get one half price in Boots, one retails at £6.99.

The Maybelline website highlights the supposedly plus points on their website which were:
  • 14HR lipstick with an ultra-lightweight formula
  • Stays fresh, light and comfortable
  • Super rich colour that lasts for 14 hours
  • Pigments are enveloped in a long wearing system

Overall, I am very happy with the pigment of the lipsticks, they suit my skin colour well and I feel both are wearable in the office. Out of the two, I much prefer the coral colour, I find corals on a whole, so much more fun and cute than a predictable pink. On application it's really creamy and easy - no drag, throughout the day is another matter, they last long but my lips did feel slightly uncomfortable and in need of a good lip balm.

No comments:

Post a Comment