Sunday 20 January 2013

Balance rescue tonique review



As you may already be aware from my last blog post disclosing the items of my Glossybox, you may have picked up that I wasn't impressed with the contents. The lip balm has performed as per standard, the Renu mask is also average. This post is not about the other products, it's about the Balance rescue tonique for combinations skin which I previously described as smelling like a 'mouldy fruit bowl'. I have got to swallow my own unkind words because the product is BRILLIANT.


Despite it only having three ingredients: rose water, lemongrass oil and sandalwood oil, I was simply put off because my skin is incredibly dry at the moment... alcohol or no alcohol I was not going to risk putting an astringent sounding lemongrass oil on my skin. So, the product was handed to my mum to test with her weekly home facial. My mum has extremely oily skin and large pores on her cheeks as well as her nose, no facials, home or professional have been able to give a dramatic difference on her skin. 

I wasn't expecting much when I was applying it to her skin with a cotton pad. She commented how much she loved the smell, to her nose it was refreshing not .. mouldy. She's a chef fyi, so maybe that's why.
Anyway, the pores almost closed immediately! I'm not talking about a small difference, it was incredible. The pores on her face as Karen from Will and Grace, would unkindly put it 'could be viewed from space' but not any more! All were completely closed (apart from a few stubborn ones). Mum also commented that her skin felt extremely comfortable and smooth. Unfortunately, my mum wasn't persuaded into taking pictures but no doubt it will be a holy grail product for her from now on. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for LOVING our Balance Rescue Tonique Suzie. I hope that you recieved your order and your pores are experiencing daily awesome results! Stay in touch, warm regards. Clare Eluka CEO Premae Skincare

    ReplyDelete