Tuesday 15 January 2013

Glossybox UK January review 2013

This morning I received the first Glossybox of the year. It started out so happy and joyous with me running down the stairs to meet the Hermes man... it ended there. As soon as I was passed the parcel(!) I instantly felt how light.. extremely LIGHT the box was!!


Back to its pink gorgeous self!




Here we have my selection of five samples. If you actually believe that Glossybox uses your profile to find you the desired match of samples, you are so in space!! Everything is already bundled together and thrown in. I have dry skin , my samples are Vichy Normaderm 3 in 1 face wash for oily spot prone skin, then there is Balance Rescue face tonique again for oily/congested skin (FYI, smells like an mouldy fruit bowl). I have a Renu face mask for mature skin... I'm 22. I am however looking forward to using the mask as it smells like my mumma! Some Sanctuary face samples, which I'm not impressed with either. Lastly a Jason natural lip balm. 

Apart from the Renu nothing is very high end, however the box total is around £35. I am so disappointed with this box I don't even believe! Will definitely be considering cancelling and giving Birchbox a go. 


Oh and you get this freebie sleep mask too. Which is actually rather lovely :)

UPDATE: please read my review on the Balance Rescue Face Tonique. An amazing suggestion if your skin type for oily skin/acne/enlarged pores. 

4 comments:

  1. I got the same as you, but not as disappointed at all, because my skin is oily so these products are perfect for me. I can definitely understand your frustration - if I got a haul of products I couldn't use I'd be really annoyed!
    www.foodfashfit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a look on your blog, it's absolutely brilliant, looking forward to reading more posts on it after work :)

      Delete
  2. I feel your pain Hun, maybe if it wasn't the first box of the year I may have been less disappointed. I've got a three month sub and it was my first box so will have to wait and c what he next two are like! I'm also subbed to lux box which has been really good the last couple of months. It has full sized item in it and well worth the money. Have you tried lux? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation Louise. I had a look at the Lux box website and it looks very promising. I'm going to hold out on my Glossybox subscription, as I'm hoping the Valentines box for February will meet my expectations! xxx

      Delete