Wednesday 23 May 2012

GLOSSYBOX UK MAY 2012 ANNIVERSARY BOX REVIEW

So everyone or nearly everyone is complaining about Glossybox's anniversary sample box on Facebook. I've been hearing things like people receiving Collection 2000. Full size fair enough but not high end as promised. I can see where people are coming from with this. I remember seeing a sample of Baptise dry shampoo last year!! How awful and what a way to bring down brand image.

This is the box I received this morning. No Collection 2000 thank God.

I've lost the card it comes with already :/

But the things are

2 sachets of Apvita honey mask
10ml of Berber (argon) hair oil
Noble Isle shower gel 75ml
Eldora eyelashes
2 0.8ml samples of Lolita Lempicka perfume
A mirror and a balloon (Birthday gifts)

This is overall an ok box, not amazing but I don't have much to complain about, seeing as I didn't receive the Collection 2000 pencil. It's not an expensive box but still worth more than £10. Very disappointed with the eyelashes, I remember the status price was £3.80 and seeing as my standard Ardell ones retail over £5, it's not great, is it?

Here is a close up

2 comments:

  1. I got the same, with a cucumber face mask instead of the honey. I like to have makeup in my box and these eyelashes don't really count and aren't very nice anyway. I have gold glittery ones which will never get used. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, I'm very disappointed having done some Google searches! I'm afraid we got the cheaper bunch of the eyelashes. There was another brand which had a higher retail price, still unwearable though! I saw the blogger Style Suzi's, Joilie box and she received some lovely make up samples from that brand.

      Delete