Saturday 22 December 2012

UNII palette review


UNII palettes are basically an empty palette, there are no specific holes that fit eye shadows or blushers like the MAC ones, instead it's just free flow. The bottom of the palette is magnetized, so in theory it will stick to the tray; if the casing of the make up item isn't magnetic, the kit also comes with magnet stickers to do the job for you.



I remember ages ago, I kept seeing US based make up bloggers raving about how useful these make up palettes are. Back, then I really didn't see the need, why would I take my MAC eye shadows out of their pot, I'm pretty sure, I paid a premium for the chunk of black plastic?

Fast forward to this date, I was tempted after all, by seeing that Bubzbeauty had one. It looked so pretty and handy, I thought why not! plus the fact that some cheapy eyeshadows had just had the hinge broken off.


Please, excuse me in my dressing gown! Anyway, that's it, that's what I spent £15 (+p+p) on, a palette that holds 3 tired Bourjois eye shadows I haven't used in a year and a damaged compact powder. The palette itself is super sturdy but on the down side a bit too heavy for a hand bag. It looks a bit like a slim Nintendo DS! The colour although is quite nice to some peoples taste, is not really for me (the online shop shows a more peach shade)... maybe that's why I don't like it. The palette sort of just sits on my desk, waiting for me to drop a Bobbi Brown eye shadow  or a Mac blusher to finally get some usage...

No comments:

Post a Comment