Friday 21 December 2012

Glossybox Decemeber 2012 review

I've been waiting days for this bloody thing to come. I've been Googling reviews like crazy, just to see a glimpse of what I might get. So after days of waiting, I received the holy grail... or did I?




Packaged in a festive silver box for Christmas, however I do believe they are just using up all the Glossy's men's boxes which was cancelled a while a go. Clever none the less.


Here it is! Not very impressive is it? When Googling around for reviews of this month box, I did really want the milk shake hair conditioner.... especially as in the reviews I saw, it came with a Sleek palette!. I However, excuse my language, got a crappy sample of Sebamed body lotion. Hey ho, that's how life goes, right? Yes, unfortunately, my Seche nail polish is also a dud, colour wise. Don't let the picture fool you, the sneaky polish has managed to hide it's true shame in the picture with its shimmery glare. The polish in 'Lumiere' is actually, a fairly light, iridescent pink, definitely not rose gold, it's got a rusty tone, I don't really know....


Seche Nail Lacquer 'Lumiere' 14ml - £9.95
Sleek Lipstick 'Cherry' 3.5g - £4.99
Mary Greenwell 'Lemon' 1.5ml - £1.35
Milk_Shake Conditioning Whipped Cream  200ml - £14.79
Sebamed Body Lotion 15ml - £0.54 ish - absolutely pathetic


Although the box is value for money around £32 for my one alone; I do feel that I won't be getting much use from these products apart from the hair conditioner. Still, that let alone, is worth more than my box. So, why am I complaining? The Sebamed mainly, that item was cheap enough to be a cheap 'full size' item and why did Seche choose to give away such unappealing colours on the launch of their product, it doesn't make good business sense. Still, each to their own, there must be someone out there that likes 'Lumiere'... my 70 year old aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment