Saturday 13 July 2013

Glossybox July 2013

This month's Glossybox theme is called seaside splash. Of course with it being summer, this theme is most definitely suitable. Often in the past themed boxes never really had related products in the box, so lets see how they did in July!!






Looking at the products, I must say that they hit the nail on the head. NOT, that I'm particularly fond or excited by any of these products! But in terms of the theme, the products are well suited. 

So first up Coola Organic SPF 30 moisturiser. Apprently it contains UVA and UVB protection , although how much stars (the important bit!) I don't know. It is paraben freeee which makes me very happy, as paraben exempt products tend to be much less sticky. Full size £25.99 for 50ml, I received a 7ml sample. (veeeery stingy Coola.)

Next up! Sleek Makeup Pout Paint. Intensive longlasting pigments, gives lips full coverage with a satin finish. Now everyone has seen these, bloggers went wild because it was a completely different from the norm. For me? I haven't tested it but I'm afraid with my big lips, I will look like Miss Clown 2013. I got two, in Lava and Pinkini, they are full size and retail around £4.99 each.

Anatomicals Spray Misty for Me Facial Spritz. I'm not too big a fan of facial sprays because they often feel more sticky than refreshing. I've had a quick test of this one and it does do that, its sticky but once properly rubbed in, it makes skin feel softer but not more refreshed. In fact, I kinda feel more dirty... However this spray is ok to use a a toner. It has glycerin in, so is great for dehydrated skin. Received full sized 100ml bottle which retails for £6.00.

Alterna Haircare Bamboo style boho waves tousled texture mist. Jeeez, what a mouthful! Ok this is an American product, it promises effortless tousled beach waves, adds texture and volume to all hair types. I always wondered, do people think that this product will work on super straight hair? I used beach sprays, salt sprays whatever sprays before, my hair just becomes sticky, hard and crispy knots... I will give it a go and let the blog know but I don't have high expectations. I received a 25ml sample, a full size 125ml is available for £23.00.

Overall this box, was not very exciting at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment